Academic Position: Associate Professor
- Vice Director for Academic Affairs, Institute of Metropolitan Development
- Head of Department of Urban Administration and Management
- Chairperson of Master of Science Program in Urban Development and Management
Contact: Room 405, 4th Floor, Navamindra 1 Building, Institute of Metropolitan Development, Navamindradhiraj University
Maneerat Ongwandee was awarded a scholarship by the Royal Thai Government to study in a Ph.D. program in the United States. She entered the University of Missouri-Rolla in August 2001 and received her Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering, majoring in Environmental Engineering in May 2006. She had served as a lecturer at an environmental engineering program, Faculty of Engineering, Mahasarakham University for 13 years. Currently, she works at Institute of Metropolitan Development, Navamindradhiraj University.
Maneerat Ongwandee has over 15-year experience in indoor air quality research. She has published more than 23 refereed international journal articles.
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering) University of Missouri-Rolla, U.S.A.
- M.Eng. (Environmental Engineering) Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- B.Eng. (Electrical Engineering) Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Indoor Air Quality Management
- Indoor Phytoremediation
- Sorption of Indoor Materials
- Sources and Emissions of Indoor Materials
- Indoor Air Pollutant Monitoring
- Vice Director for Academic Affairs, Institute of Metropolitan Development, Navamindradhiraj University, Thailand.
- Chairperson of Master of Science Program in Urban Development and Management, Institute of Metropolitan Development, Navamindradhiraj University, Thailand.
- Vice Dean for Administration, Graduate School, Mahasarakham University, Thailand.
- Chairperson of Doctor of Philosophy Program in Civil Engineering, Mahasarakham University, Thailand.
- Assistant Dean for Research Affairs, Faculty of Engineering, Mahasarakham University, Thailand.
- Graduate student research assistant; Environmental Research Center for Emerging Contaminants, Indoor Environment Program; University of Missouri-Rolla (Missouri University of Science & Technology), U.S.A.
- Ongwandee, M., Namepol, K., Yongprapat, K., Homwuttiwong, S., Pattiya, A., Morris, J. and Chavalparit, O. (2020). Coal Bottom Ash Use in Traditional Ceramic Production: Evaluation of Engineering Properties and Indoor Air Pollution Removal Ability. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 22(6), 2118 – 2129.
- Panyametheekul, P., Rattanapun, T., Morris, J. and Ongwandee, M. (2019). Foliage Houseplant Responses to Low Formaldehyde Levels. Building and Environment, 147, 67 – 76.
- Panyametheekul, S., Rattanapun, T. and Ongwandee, M. (2018). Ability of Artificial and Live Houseplants to Capture Indoor Particulate Matter. Indoor and Built Environment, 27(1), 121 – 128.
- Ongwandee, M., Chatsuvan, T., Suksawas Na Ayudhya, W. and Morris, J. (2017). Understanding Interactions in the Adsorption of Gaseous Organic Compounds to Indoor Materials. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24, 5654 – 5668.
- Sairat, T., Homwuttiwong, S., Homwutthiwong, K. and Ongwandee, M. (2015). Investigation of Gasoline Distributions within Petrol Stations: Spatial and Seasonal Concentrations, Sources, Mitigation Measures, and Occupationally Exposed Symptoms. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 22, 13870 – 13880.
- Ongwandee, M. and Mukthawat, C. (2014). Characterization of Total Volatile Organic Compound Emissions from Finished Solid Wood Using an Environmental Chamber. EnvironmentAsia, 7(1), 1 – 7.
- Chavalparit, O., Ongwandee, M. and Trangkaprasit, K. (2013). Production of Pelletized Fuel from Biodiesel-production Wastes: Oil Palm Fronds and Crude Glycerin. Engineering Journal, 17(4), 61 – 70.
- Ongwandee, M. and Kruewan, A. (2013). Evaluation of Portable Household and In-car Air Cleaners for Air Cleaning Potential and Ozone-initiated Pollutants. Indoor and Built Environment, 22(4), 659 – 668.
- Ongwandee, M. and Sawanyapanich, P. (2012). Influence of Relative Humidity and Gaseous Ammonia on the Nicotine Sorption to Indoor Materials. Indoor Air, 22(1), 54 – 63.
- Phukingngam, D., Chavalparit, O., Somchai, D. and Ongwandee, M. (2011). Anaerobic Baffled Reactor Treatment of Biodiesel-processing Wastewater with High Strengths of Methanol and Glycerol: Reactor Performance and Biogas Production. Chemical Papers, 65(6), 644 – 651.
- Ongwandee, M., Moonrinta, R., Panyametheekul, S., Tangbanluekal, C. and Morrison, G. (2011). Investigation of Volatile Organic Compounds in Office Buildings in Bangkok, Thailand: Concentrations, Sources, and Occupant Symptoms. Building and Environment, 46(7), 1512 – 1522.
- Raghareutaia, T., Chavalparit, O. and Ongwandee, M. (2010). Development of Environmental Sustainability for the Biodiesel Industry in Thailand. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology, 17(5), 363 – 369.
- Ongwandee, M. and Chavalparit, O. (2010). Commuter Exposure to BTEX in Public Transportation Modes in Bangkok, Thailand. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 22(3), 397 – 404.
- Ongwandee, M., Moonrinta, R., Panyametheekul, S., Tangbanluekal, C. and Morrison, G. (2009). Concentrations of Formaldehyde and Acetaldehyde in Office Buildings in Bangkok, Thailand. Indoor and Built Environment, 18(6), 569 – 575.
- Chavalparit, O. and Ongwandee, M. (2009). Optimizing the Electrocoagulation Process for Treatment of Biodiesel Wastewater Using Response Surface Methodology. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 21(11), 1491 – 1496.
- Chavalparit, O. and Ongwandee, M. (2009). Clean Technology for the Tapioca Starch Industry in Thailand. Journal of Cleaner Production, 17(2), 105 – 110.
- Srirangsan, A., Ongwandee, M. and Chavalparit, O. (2009). Treatment of Biodiesel Wastewater by Electrocoagulation Process. EnvironmentAsia, 2(2), 15 – 19.
- Ongwandee, M. and Morrison, G. (2008). The Influence of Ammonia and Carbon Dioxide on the Sorption of a Basic Organic Pollutant to Latex-painted Gypsum Board and Carpet. Environmental Science & Technology, 42(15), 5415 – 5420.
- Chavalparit, O., Ongwandee, M. and Thaweesuwanporn, P. (2008). Removal of Heavy Metals from COD Analysis Wastewater Using an Organic Precipitant. ScienceAsia, 34(1), 123 – 127.
- Ongwandee, M., Morrison, G., Guo, X. and Chusuei, C. C. (2007). Adsorption of Trimethylamine on Zirconium Silicate and Polyethylene Powder Surfaces. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 310(1), 62 – 67.
- Regmi, S., Ongwandee, M., Surampali, R., Fitch, M. and Morrison, G. (2007). Effectiveness of Porous Covers for Control of Ammonia, Reduced Sulfur Compounds, Total Hydrocarbons, Selected VOCs and Odor from Hog Manure Storage Lagoons. The Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association, 57(6), 761 – 768.
- Ongwandee, M., Bettinger, S. S. and Morrison, G. (2005). The Influence of Ammonia and Carbon Dioxide on the Adsorption of Basic Organic Pollutants. Indoor Air, 15(6), 408 – 419.
- Morrison, G., Zhao, P., Wiseman, D. J., Ongwandee, M., Chang, H., Portman, J. and Regmi, S. (2003). Rapid Measurement of Indoor Mass-transfer Coefficients. Atmospheric Environment, 37(39), 5611 – 5619.
- Joint project team NMU & IRPC for establishment of Innovation Center for Testing and Development of Personal Protective Equipment for Medical Personnel and the Public (ICTD-PPE), Navamindradhiraj University and IRPC Public Company Limited (2020 – Present).
- CO-PI: Research Unit “Indoor Air (HAUS IAQ),” Chulalongkorn University (2020 – 2021).
- Peer reviewer for 13 international journals
- Awarded a scholarship by the Royal Thai Government to study in a Ph.D. program in the United States (2001 – 2006).
- Research Studio